During the first semester of the Digital and Print Publishing program at Langara College, in the Photoshop course, one of our final assignments was to combine multiple images to create a composite or photo-illustration. We had to use at least four copyright-free images and consider lighting quality and colour to get a realistic result.
After choosing the images carefully, I masked the ghost and landscape photos. I colour corrected the landscape to give it the appearance of night time. The ghost image uses three different opacity percentages. Finally, I retouched the gravestones to make it look they are part of the place.
This is the final composite image.
- Starry sky by Rene Tittmann on Pixabay.
- Rocky landscape by David Marcu on Unsplash.
- Old gravestones by Jazella on Pixabay.
- Angel statue by Alexas Fotos on Pixabay.
- Woman by Nadim Merrikh on Unsplash.